[CT Birds] 2 BALTIMORE ORIOLES

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Thu Jan 20 17:35:27 EST 2011

1/20/11 Norwalk Yard. 2 BALTIMORE ORIOLES

A second BALTIMORE ORIOLE arrive this afternoon. My wife saw two orioles at 2:30 this afternoon and mentioned it to Frank Mantlik and I as we were outside trying to find the original bird.
At 4:45 I saw an oriole feeding on meal worms and grape jelly, a second oriole swooped in and chased the feeding bird out, I watched as this battle went on until 4:55 when they both left for the cedars. Territoriality?
I studied them well, both are Baltimore, 1st year females
I have 5,000 meal worms coming, perhaps I should double that order?
Huh, Jayne?

Larry Flynn