[CT Birds] Any species being replaced at your feeders? Keith Mueller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sat Jan 22 16:38:29 EST 2011

Today I added two new feeders (one platform and one woodpecker suet
station) to my feeding area. As I watched the birds it occured to me
that I haven't seen a few of the species that have been regulars,
while a few new ones have appeared over the last few days. It seems
that my Goldfinches, Siskins and Purple Finches have moved on, and I
now have Grackles, Red Wing Blackbirds, Cowbirds and more House
Finches which moved in a few days ago. My Cardinal, Blue Jay, Dove,
Junco and Chickadee numbers are still high, and I am knee-deep in
Song, White Throated and Tree Sparrows. The usual two pair of Red
Bellied Woodpeckers and 7 Towhee remain unchanged, but I have picked
up 1 or 2 more Downy Woodpeckers, White Breasted Nuthatch, and another
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker (3 total- but in my yard, not at my feeders).
I haven't seen the Rose Breasted Grosbeak in a month, and my Fox
Sparrows show up once in a while.

Anyone else seen or noticed any changes at your feeders?

Keith Mueller    Killingworth