[CT Birds] Rufous Hummingbird update

DBOBOLINK at aol.com DBOBOLINK at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 13:58:50 EST 2011

>From Robert Dixon
1/23-Sterling-Day #106, After a night of below zero temps, the Rufous
Hummingbird was struggling to feed and was taken to rehab.  We are  confident
she will get the best care there during the frigid cold snap until she  can be
released.  We extend our thanks to all the birders who visited our  yard
and you are welcome here anytime.  We are especially grateful for the  efforts
of Jayne Amico for her help with this bird and for what she does for the
other birds at her sanctuary.  Please consider making a donation to the
Mount Vernon Songbird Sanctuary... _www.mvssanctuary.org_
(http://www.mvssanctuary.org)

Robert Dixon
179 Main Street