[CT Birds] Rusty Blackbirds

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 26 09:11:22 EST 2011

Today we cracked 100 Rusty's with 101 at one point.
These guys can go through 20lbs of mixed seed in a matter of a couple hours!
6-8 Red-winged blackbirds mixed in as well as 3 or 4 Cowbirds and 1 Grackle.

Another note is the number of Northern Flickers visiting feeders this winter.
Well above the average number of people are coming into the shop talking about
having them and we have at least 3 individuals regularly at ours as well this
year.

>From Carol and Jim Zipp:
01/26/11 - Hamden yard -- 101 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
www.fatrobin.com
203-248-7068