[CT Birds] top 10 list..

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 26 19:54:31 EST 2011

Well, I was one of the slackers who didn't ever get back to Frank (sorry!).  But mostly because I started through the list and then got paralyzed trying to put them into order, then put it down and forgot to go back to it.

Interestingly, the six I found easy to put into the top ten were the top six on the list.  I even came up with the same order, expect that I put the kite above the lapwing ... having lived in both England and California I've seen lots of both, but I thought the kite's amazingly long stay and widespread media attention, in addition to its rarity, gave it the edge.  After the top 6 though I just didn't know where to go.   I guess when there are such riches it just didn't seem necessary to create ranks.

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net