[CT Birds] Have seen some bird activity

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 30 19:19:19 EST 2011

Have seen some bird activity here in the rather dead Northwest corner today.

On the Farmington river of Peoples forest Riverton, saw just before dark -

8 Black duck - new
16 Common Merganser
4 Hooded Merganser - new
and a Great Horned Owl overlooking the open river. - for ducks?

 Also noticing more Robins. But all I can see that they are eating is some
Sumac berries. The Winterberry berries are all gone here, when in a normal mid
winter they should still be available. I think they were all eaten very early
this year, and now the only wild berries i see available are some Sumac and
Bittersweet. Maybe the alien Bittersweet might just be a gift for the birds this
winter?

Paul Carrier

" It's the beauty that fills me with wonder.
It's the stillness that fills me with peace."

Robert Service