[CT Birds] Petition to protect the 1000 acre Preserve Property in Old Saybrook

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Feb 8 14:39:59 EST 2011

Some of you might be familiar with the efforts to prevent development and protect the 1,000 acre Preserve Property in Old Saybrook.  There is currently an online petition to be presented to municipal decision makers in Old Saybrook.
This property is one of the largest remaining contiguous tracts of forest remaining in coastal Connecticut.  It is also a keystone parcel in hopes to conserve the large forested landscape known as the 'Cockaponset Triangle', which stretches from this property in the SE, to the Maromas section of Middletown in the north, to the Lake Galliard/Saltonstall forests in the SW Corner.   Please consider signing on to this petition:

Dear Friends,

You are likely familiar with our fight to stop the development of the last unfragmented coastal forest in Connecticut.

Close to 1,000 acres, the forest is threatened by a 226 unit private golf course development. Not only would wildlife be harmed, but our aquifer, streams, and well water will be threatened by pollution and our country roads clogged with an estimated 1,000 additional cars.

Please sign our petition, which will be presented to local officials, by going to http://www.change.org/petitions/preserve_cts_last_1000_acre_coastal_forest_6#signatures

Many thanks,

Chuck Landrey

Thanks!