[CT Birds] Keney Park in Hartford

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Feb 10 10:41:14 EST 2011

Many years ago when the earth was green and the closest thing to a cell phone going was a "communicator" on Star Trek, I was running through the woods when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a Great Horned Owl with talons lowered and in an attack flare about to rake the back of my head. I managed to duck to avoid needing stitches but it taught me that when you are near a Great Horned Owls nest, or branching/grounded owlets, it is the adult you don't see that will hurt your feelings. Always give an owl's nest plenty of space if you come across one. It's good for the owls and it's good for you... assuming you have no interest in having your hair parted by an owl's talons.

Dave

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.