[CT Birds] New use for Squirrels

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:09:24 EST 2011

I was just lamenting the fact that, because of the high snow pack, squirrels
have found their way onto most all of my bird feeders.  And then one tried
unsuccessfully to get the caged suet in front of my window.  Frustrated, he
jumped back down on a snow mound and began gnawing away at it, eating the
ice crystals.  Eureka.  Do you suppose enough squirrels could eat this snow
away?????

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"You must not know too much, or be too precise or scientific about birds and
trees and flowers and watercraft; a certain free margin, and even
vagueness--perhaps ignorance, credulity--helps your enjoyment of these
things."  Walt Whitman in *Birds*, 1881.