[CT Birds] Great Blue Herons moving in!

twan leenders tleenders at ctaudubon.org
Mon Apr 4 11:36:46 EDT 2011

All morning many Brant and many hundreds of gulls have been flying by Stratford Point, mostly heading west to wherever today's barnacle feeding frenzy takes place (there was a large raft of ducks, geese and gulls on the LIS well off the Long Beach parking lot early this morning). Also, several Northern Gannets are fishing in the area. However, the neatest thing I've been seeing today is the steady trickle of Great Blue Herons moving east along the coast - without trying I have already seen 20 flying by my office window just off-shore, this morning.

=======
Twan Leenders
Conservation Biologist
Connecticut Audubon Society