[CT Birds] Stratford Point many Gannets/Barn Swallow

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Tue Apr 5 13:06:36 EDT 2011

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
04/05/11 - Stratford Point -- 22+ NORTHERN GANNET, some over the edge of the shore, many right in the mouth of the Housatonic. I had 1 BARN SWALLOW (state FOY?) fly over along with hundreds of American Robin migrants until the wind and heavier rain stopped movement. 1 migrant GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET was working the small pines along the driveway. 1 MERLIN was sitting in the White-tailed Kite's tree and 1 AMERICAN KESTREL was hunting near Short Beach. I hope it sees our box. The Gannets were a tough count, and there may well have been more hidden by the fog. I will post some great photos Twan got yesterday to the CAS blog tomorrow.

However, for now you should check out the second part of Twan and Frank's trip to Costa Rica with a great group of students and see more amazing photos-  http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/04/young-researchers-shine-during-costa_05.html

If you want to learn even more about his research, Twan is giving a talk on endangered amphibians tomorrow night at 7PM at the Coastal Center at Milford Point.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society