[CT Birds] Birding by Ear Tonight at the Coastal Center

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 16:15:18 EDT 2011

Hi All: I have a few spaces available in tonights Sorting out Bird Songs class at the Coastal Center at Milford Point (See below.) If you want to attend, please call 203-878-7440 x 501 and leave a message on my voicemail. You can pay at the door. The fee is $35. I'll hop to see you there.  Frank

Sorting Out Bird Songs
Thursday, April 7, 7-9 p.m.
Birdsong can be an incredible aid to finding and identifying birds. Instructor Frank Gallo, an avid student of birdsong, will introduce the basics of birding by ear, using sound resources, as well as the tips, tricks, and even pitfalls to indentifying birds by sound. Is that an oriole or a tanager singing? Could that be a hermit thrush calling or a catbird? Come find out, as we delve into the basics of birding by ear. Meet at the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point, 1 Milford Point Rd., Milford. Fee: $35.