[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich - 4/9 Morning Birdwalk

Jim Voros voros at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 10 11:09:09 EDT 2011

A really nice morning overall. Fog lifted qiuckly. Warblers finally showed near
the end of our walk by the maintenance shed/tornado area/root cellar ihgh in the
trees.  Pileated woodpeckers were the first birds we saw and they hung around
for a nice period of time as people arrived for the walk. We saw a third
woodpecker but we're pretty certain it was male from our first observation, this
time down by the frog pond.

Pileated Woodpecker x2
Robin
Mockingbird
Tree Swallow
Bluebird
Redwing Blackbird
American Crow
Song Sparrow
Cowbird
Phoebe (heard, not seen)
White Breasted Nuthatch
Red Belly Woodpecker
Dark Eyed Junco
European Starling
White Throated Sparrow
Blue Jay
Pine Warbler
Palm Warbler
House Sparrow
Cardinal
House Finch (one with a lot of yellow underneath)
American Goldfinch
BC Chickadee
Wood Ducks x5
Canada Goose