[CT Birds] NHBC "Big Day"

Randy Domina rhexp at hotmail.com
Sat May 7 19:46:07 EDT 2011

>From Randy and Natasha Domina, Mark Scott, Don Morgan,Ed Sadowski, Al, and Jim:

We had a great day birding around New Haven County.   Sightings included 21 warbler species, 3 YELLOW-CROWNED HERONS, 3 BROWN THRASHERS, a field of BOBOLINKS, and a total of 118 species before thunder, lightning, and sheets of rain drove us off the beach at Milford Point around 4:15, and left us so wet that we decided to go home.
WARBLER species highlights included TENNESSEE WARBLER (at Spruce Bank Rd. in Hamden) and BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER (at the Giant's Steps at East Rock Park).