[CT Birds] Konold's Pond

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:47:58 EDT 2011

5/23  Woodbridge, Konold's Pond around 11:20AM
I did a brief stop at Konold's Pond before visiting at Coachman's Square.
At Coachman's Square in the pillars were at least 5 Barn swallow nests.
They nest there every year.
At Konold's Pond (I entered behind 131 Bradley Rd) were numerous barn and
tree swallows hawking the insects, as well as 2 Rough winged swallows.  Also
Chimney swifts soaring overhead. I heard  2 Warbling vireos in the trees to
the right of the pond. On the opposite shore of the pond were 3 drake Wood
Ducks; on pond numerous Canada geese,.  Around the pond were crows, a
Northern flicker and REd winged blackbirds.
Bev Propen, Orange