[CT Birds] good birding ahead?

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:45:38 EDT 2011

Shorebird numbers were average this afternoon on the rising tide at
Sandy Pt with a 200-300 birds total. There were only about 4 Least
Terns flying around and no Commons (and no skimmers either).

We're entering the peak of the spring shorebird migration in CT, and
this week's forecast of inclement weather and a couple periods of a
warm, humid southerly flow should result in some good shorebirding at
times. During and immediately after showers and storms pass through is
generally the best time for shorebirding as migrating shorbs and terns
can be knocked down by the weather.

Also, look for one or two final pushes of warblers as the month winds
down and we finally get out from those east winds that have been
around for over a week. How about some Mourning Warblers tomorrow?

>From Nick Bonomo:
5/23/11 - West Haven, Sandy Pt -- WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com