[CT Birds] Reporting colored leg banded Herring Gulls, info? Keith Mueller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Tue May 24 11:39:39 EDT 2011

I am aware of the Mass. program regarding wing tagged Ring-billed
Gulls ( I have photographed and reported 9), however, I am not aware
of a program using colored leg bands on Herring Gulls. Yesterday I
photographed a Herring Gull in New Hampshire with a larger numbered
green leg band on the left leg and a standard USA metal leg band on
the right leg. Not sure if the green band was plastic or metal, does
anyone know anything about this program and contact info where I can
report the gull? The gull also had a tumor or growth on its gular
pouch area and I also wanted to send a few images as well.

Thank You in advance,

Keith