[CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club July Field Trip

Larry Bausher LPBausher at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 13:15:24 EDT 2011

Folks,

The New Haven Bird Club has one field trip in July:

Saturday, July 9, 7:00 AM: Central CT Birding Tour.  Free and open to
the public.
Join us as we visit several excellent birding locations in the CT
central valley.  Our first stop will be the grasslands near
Rentschler Field in East Hartford. We’ll look for Grasshopper
Sparrow, Upland Sandpiper, Eastern Meadowlark, and other grassland
species.  Our next stop will be Station 43, along the CT River in
South Windsor, where we’ll look for Least Bittern, Green Heron, Wood
Duck and other freshwater wetland species.  After a picnic lunch
under the largest tree in CT—Simsbury’s famous Pinchot Sycamore on
the banks of the Farmington River—we’ll go to another area of
Simsbury, Great Pond State Forest, to look for the Mississippi Kites
that have nested near there the past few years.  Meet at the commuter
lot at 7:00 am on Rte. 68 in Wallingford, west of I-91 at Exit 15 (at
the east end of Barnes Rd.)  Leader: Chris Loscalzo: 203 389-6508 or
closcalz at optonline.net.

Thanks,
Larry Bausher, West Haven
NHBC Publicity Director