[CT Birds] Quinnipiac Ravens

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 00:26:44 EDT 2011

Quinnipiac University York Hill Campus - On tuesday evening I rode my bike to
the top of the hill upon which QU's new York Hill Campus is located. When I
reached the top I saw 4 common ravens standing in the grass next to the road. I
was able to watch them for several minutes. They then took off and flew around
the campus for about 5 minutes calling the whole time. At one point I thought I
counted at least 5 and maybe as many as 6 ravens. At one point I saw a raven
that was larger and gave a call that was much deeper than the calls of the
original 4 ravens. I think that what I saw was a family group with as many as 2
adults and 4 young ravens. My guess is that they came from sleeping giant which
is only a short distance away.

John Oshlick
Hamden