[CT Birds] Hummingbird feeder mystery

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:11:04 EDT 2011

OK all you armchair detectives....
Yesterday I cleaned and restocked my hummingbird feeder.  I have the Droll
Yankee LF-2 model that has little rubber flowerpetal-shaped ports that snap
in flat to the top of the feeder bowl and have ant guard tips on the inside.
Something pulled out two of the ports (which were lying on the ground under
the feeder this morning) so that there were just two plain, exposed holes
into the nectar bowl.
Ideas as to what had the strength and dexterity to do that?
--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"They are dark angels glimpsed from the corner of the eye, a flash of wings
in twilight rising over the edges of houses then falling back, like optical
illusions."  --from *Swallows* by Robert Kinsley