[CT Birds] Hummingbird Mystery

Bissell, T. (Tracey) Tracey.Bissell at us.ing.com
Mon Jul 11 12:08:15 EDT 2011

Squirrels - we had 2 feeders destroyed by squirrels last year.  We have
moved them to a pole with a squirrel baffle and have had no problems
this year.

-

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Dana Campbell
> <dana.l.campbell at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> OK all you armchair detectives....
>> Yesterday I cleaned and restocked my hummingbird feeder.  I have the
>> Droll Yankee LF-2 model that has little rubber flowerpetal-shaped
>> ports that snap in flat to the top of the feeder bowl and have ant
>> guard tips on the inside.
>> Something pulled out two of the ports (which were lying on the ground

>> under the feeder this morning) so that there were just two plain,
>> exposed holes into the nectar bowl.
>> Ideas as to what had the strength and dexterity to do that?
>> --
>> Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
>> Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
>>
>> "They are dark angels glimpsed from the corner of the eye, a flash of

>> wings in twilight rising over the edges of houses then falling back,
>> like optical illusions."  --from *Swallows* by Robert Kinsley

Tracey R Bissell
Business Analyst
Business Support Complex Processing & Controls
ING Retirement Services CS3
(860) 580-3453
tracey.bissell at us.ing.com

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.