[CT Birds] Greenwich Audubon - bits and pieces

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 12:40:54 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

An American Woodcock continues at the center. At dusk I flushed it from the gravel parking lot by the intern house. I was hoping I might find some little ones with it but didn't want to press my luck and risk spooking them. Good numbers of Orchard Orioles are busily feeding young, as is the local Coopers Hawk.

Since I returned to CT a number of people have been asking me about my season hawkwatching up in Braddock Bay, NY. It was simply incredible, and you can now read my wrap up of the season on my blog http://underclearskies.com/2011/07/11/braddock-bay-hawkwatch-reflections-on-a-season-2011/  Please go check out the Braddock Bay Raptor Research website and facebook page (linked in the blog article) for more information about this great place and organization.

Good birding

Luke Tiller, Greenwich
www.underclearskies.com