[CT Birds] Allen's Meadows - Bobolinks and Orchard Oriole

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 16:58:10 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

3 Bobolinks at Allen's Meadows today - they must be south bound migrants as they no longer breed here. The meadows are looking more extensive this year thanks to a minimum of mowing and no dumping going on behind the community gardens. We'll see if that lasts into fall. Also had an Orchard Oriole there. Not sure what he was doing but the habitat is looking better for these to be breeding here (to my untrained eye) along with the singing Indigo Buntings.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich