[CT Birds] Banded Oystercatchers

CHARLOTT WESTON charbird at optonline.net
Tue Jul 19 18:11:53 EDT 2011

HI all  All banded birds should be reported to The Bird Banding lab:

  www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/

The bands also have an 800 number if you get close enough. They will
usually want the band number or in the case of shorbs they are often
color banded, specific to each bird and they would like the arrangement
of the colors. Often shorb banding is limited to a few banders  so they
will appreciate any reports. If they have color bands they will know who
& where the bands applied.

Charlotte Weston
Master Bander
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center