[CT Birds] Tiny Hummingbird

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:13:10 EDT 2011

There's actually three species of clearwing moths in CT.  I had to look up
the common name of the third species... slender clearwing.
On Jul 24, 2011 8:32 PM, <streatham2003 at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> It sound like your mystery culprit is probably a Snowberry Clearwing. A
moth rather than a hummingbird. There are only two local clearwing moth
species I believe, one that looks like a hummingbird: Hummingbird Clearwing
and one that looks like a bee: the Snowberry.