[CT Birds] Fwd: Tiny Hummingbird

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:32:19 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Boletebill <boletebill at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Tiny Hummingbird
To: Lynn Jones <lynnjones11 at gmail.com>

  Just to add a bit to this solved mystery I get Hummingbird Clearwing moths
at my mimosa tree daily along with RT Hummingbirds. In fact the moths run a
trapline in my gardens just like the "real" Hummingbirds visiting different
plants at different times of the day every day the sun is shining and the
flowers are blooming. Beebalm, Butterfly bush, Mimosa tree, each are visited
by both moths and Hummingbirds daily.

Bill Yule