[CT Birds] Hamden: Bobolinks

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 15:08:48 EDT 2011

Hamden - Paradise road - Farmbrook Watershed Dam #2 -  A pair (Male and female) of bobolinks seen. This is a small area of grassland near a water control dam. It is only a few acres at most but the grass has not been cut this year and it is chest high. I found the bobolink pair in the grass. I did not observe them at this site during the summer bird count. I am not sure if they are just passing though or attempted to nest.

small pond at intersection of Paradise road and Howard Drive. - 1 solitary sandpiper

John Oshlick
Hamden