[CT Birds] Action alert HR 2854

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Tue Jul 26 15:58:47 EDT 2011

I know many people on this forum do not want to receive what they believe are political messages. I understand that. However I believe it to be incumbent upon those of us who value the future of our world to do our bit. I am aware that many members of this forum already play active roles in the protection and conservation of our natural world. The message Ken posted is an important one. Please take the time to follow the link in Ken's email and contact your elected representatives concerning this latest attempt to erode environmental protection in this country. Of course I appreciate the economic realities we face, but these issues are being exploited to weaken environmental protections in ways that benefit few and harm many. I know some people feel their voices don't matter, that those with money and influence will always win the day. Even if that were true (and it is NOT always true) standing up for what you believe in is always the right thing to do regardless of the outcome. So please heed Ken's message. Much of the remaining natural beauty of our country exists because others before us took the initiative to be heard. Their voices mattered then. Your voice matters now. Why not use it?

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.