[CT Birds] Action alert HR 2854

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 16:38:18 EDT 2011

Feeding hungry children is about the immediate quality of our society, and
protecting species and water quality is about the long-term quality of our
society.

I can't agree more with David about the appropriateness of forwarding these
political emails.  I would like to add that this particular of use of
federal funds is for our country's long-term health and welfare.  So much of
our governmental expense is for immediate needs (social issues, military,
etc.) -- and far less than 1% is directed toward our nation's long-range
health and environmental future.  If we don't protect our clean air, water,
and biodiversity in the long run, we will undermine our own health and --
absolutely -- our happiness.  We need to fund visionary programs as well.
Too often our politicians are blinded by calls for immediate, urgent help
and neglect the long-term visions that ultimately define our society.  It is
our job to remind them not sacrifice the future to short-term demands.

I was glad to receive the email.  I hope people will express their opinions
to their elected officials.

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville