[CT Birds] Swift migration

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Tue Aug 2 20:39:28 EDT 2011

Things are definitely happening, swift-wise. A couple days ago I was taking
a morning walk at Sperry Pond in Middlebury, which has no nearby nesting or
roosting swifts. I heard a couple overhead, and soon had counted 25 in a
feeding aggregation. I walk there several times a week and had noted just
one fly-over swift in the past 2 months. No way to tell exactly what's up
other than breeding season was over for these individuals.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury