[CT Birds] Swifts

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Aug 3 10:42:46 EDT 2011

Post breeding Chimney Swifts join communal roosts, which can be very large. This is a sort of "staging" prior to actual migration later on to South America. These communal roosts are forming now and will continue to grow until all nesting activity is completed. I posted a brief discussion on Chimney Swifts, which goes a little deeper into their natural history and has some cool photos and videos, on my blog last September. If you check it out you'll need to use the "Older Posts" link at the bottom of the page.

Dave