[CT Birds] Juvenile BCNH in Derby

Ross Allen emperor_ross at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 19:54:40 EDT 2011

I hope I am doing this correctly, I wanted to point out that I saw 3 juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons on the Derby Riverwalk this afternoon around 3:30. They were in the biggest of the enclosed ponds as it was nearing high-tide. That's the first time I saw more than 1 juvenile there at a time.
BTW, I love reading the letters and updates that get posted to this site. I am realy just starting out on this birding compared to others. (although my friends think I am an expert) LOL.
Good birding all,
Ross Allen