[CT Birds] Gray-hooded Gull not seen today 8/5

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:42:54 EDT 2011

It is 9:30pm Friday night and i was just emailing with Andrew Baksh, one of
the NYC birders who is extremely involved with this Gray-hooded Gull
(
http://birdingdude.blogspot.com/2011/07/gray-hooded-gull-at-coney-island-beach.html
).

Unfortunately he told me that the gull was NOT seen today [aug 5] despite
extensive searches by many birders. It would therefore seem that the GHGU
was not seen for [almost] 2 days, which would be the longest it has gone
undetected since it was re-found last Friday.  Not sure what advice to give
other than to say, keep checking the NY list serve [
http://www.birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html].  If Andrew gets any
word, he will post something immediately, and copy me to post it on CTbirds
(especially if the NY list serve is experiencing a delay, which seems to be
happening tonight).
Thanks,  Tom Robben
Glastonbury, CT