[CT Birds] Lost Barn Owl

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Aug 7 12:23:49 EDT 2011

Theresa Kramer who runs a raptor rehab clinic and environmental education facility in Canton contacted me about a Barn Owl that was lost from their aviary:

"Our beautiful and vey shy barn owl was accidentally feed this past Friday by an innocent volunteer. She was spooked into our woods and late afternoon was chased by cardinals. I stayed the entire night calling her but no luck. I was wondering if in your bird networks you might mention the owl is out there. If anyone finds her they can call the clinic 860-693-6255. Or if you hear of any barn owl sightings please let me know. She is an imprint from a propagation program and while she can catch and kill things she is way out of her league with great horned owls and barreds everywhere. "

Please keep your eye out for a Barn Owl in that area and let Theresa know if you see one.

Thanks!

Patrick Comins, Meriden