[CT Birds] Fw: eBird Report - Milford Pt., Aug 7, 2011

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 7 22:31:43 EDT 2011

>From Frank Mantlik
8/7  Milford Point 7-8 pm, high tide - good numbers of terns (all Common) and
shorebirds, including 2300 Semipalmated Sandpipers. Also of note was a flock of
Ring-billed and Laughing Gulls aerially hawking insects over the end of Milford
Point Rd.  While this is an annual occurrence in coastal SW CT this time of year
(prey is usually winged ants), the gulls were joined by about 30 Common Terns in
this feeding behavior.