[CT Birds] migration and predators.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 19:17:14 EDT 2011

Just a short observation I had years ago like Dave Ps about migration and

I was at Bakersville swamp in New Hartford, watching the recently arrived
Red-winged Blackbirds setting up their territories. I had one beautiful
displaying male filling my bins, when all of a sudden - WHAM! A Merlin surprised
this displaying male from behind and silently flew off with it in it's talons,
in the same direction the BB was going. Quick, silent, efficient and boy was it
a shocker for me to witness this unexpected capture in an instant!

Paul Carrier