[CT Birds] COA Shorebird & Tern Workshop Sunday August 14th

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:12:32 EDT 2011

Come to sharpen your skills and socialize with other birders. Here is a reminder with all the details as follows:

COA  Shorebird  &  Tern  Workshop  - Sunday,August  14,2011 at  7:30am  Sandy Point,West Haven

Meet in the Sandy Point parking lot opposite the now closed Captain's Galley Restaurant on 19 Beach Street.

We will start at Sandy Point with a rising tide so be prepared to get your shoes wet. We will continue to Milford Point about  10:00am  to be there before high tide

which is  12:32pm.We will divide into groups by ability so that participants of all levels will have the presentation tailored to their ability. Parking is limited at the Coastal Center at Milford Point. We will carpool from the commuter lot at the I-95 Exit 35 Commuter Lot @ Schoolhouse Road.http://www.ct.gov/dot/LIB/dot/Documents/dtravelroad/milford5.pdf

No pre-registration is necessary. The workshop is free and open to the public.

Birders of all levels and ranges of experience are encouraged and welcome to attend! Directions from the East to Sandy Point:Take I-95 South to Exit 44. Turn right onto Kimberly Avenue. Take a left onto First avenue. First Avenue becomes Beach Street. The Sandy Point parking lot will be on your left across from 19 Beach Street(the former Captain's Galley Restaurant). Directions from the West to Sandy Point:Take I-95 to Exit 44.Take the West Haven Ramp.Turn a left onto Kimberly Avenue. Turn left onto First Street.First Avenue becomes Beach Street.The Sandy Point parking lot will be on your left across from 19 Beach Street(the former Captain's Galley Restaurant).

Tina Green

COA Workshop Chairperson

Westport