[CT Birds] Help with Carolina Wren nest problem

Lisa Peterson fiori14 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 9 08:15:53 EDT 2011

I'm hoping for some advice.  A couple of week ago Carolina Wrens
built a  nest in a hanging plantar by one of my doors and they are
currently sitting on eggs.  It's a relatively quiet spot, so they've
been undisturbed; however, I have roofers coming next week to fix
that part of the roof.  Does anyone have any experience with trying
to gradually move the nest (with the plantar, of course) to a safer
location--maybe 15-20 feet away?  I have a feeling that I'm going to
have to postpone the roof repair.

Thank you.

Lisa Peterson
Granby, CT