[CT Birds] Bits and pieces Greenwich - including owl rescue

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 09:48:34 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

A Common Nighthawk flew over Audubon Greenwich yesterday evening. Seems a little early for them to be on the move but probably not inordinately so. There are also a good number of Orchard Orioles still hanging around the property. In other news the hawkwatch kicks off here next weekend (August 20th) and on Tuesday I spent my evening babysitting a Barred Owl that I found that had been hit by a car. You can see pictures of the bird and read the story on my blog: http://underclearskies.com/2011/08/12/roadside-assistance/

Luke Tiller, Greenwich
www.sunrisebirding.com
www.underclearskies.com