[CT Birds] Windham Airport/Mansfield Hollow Reservoir

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 14 09:55:03 EDT 2011

Today was my first chance to get to Mansfield Hollow since the water began to drop, so I zipped out first thing to have a look before the rain really started to settle in.   I did not see the Baird's, but there was a nice collection of other shorebirds: black-bellied plover (2), semi plover (2), killdeer (26+), spotted sandpiper (5), solitary sandpiper (10), greater 'legs (1), lesser 'legs (8), semi sand (2), least sand (45+), pec sand (1), short-billed dow (4).

Also 2 great egrets.

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net