[CT Birds] 8/14 "rain" birding

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 15 06:06:23 EDT 2011

After the COA Shorebird Workshop today 8/14, I birded in the rain, by car,
several other sites.  I found nothing rare, but there were good variety of
expected shorebirds, gulls, and terns at:

Short Beach, Stratford - shorebirds and gulls on golf course and on beach; 400
Common Terns working river.

Sikorsky Airport, Stratford - both from viewing car park inside main entrance
(17 Pectoral Sandpipers, etc.) and from Main Street hilly curve near turn for
Short Beach (45 Black-bellied Plovers, Peregrine Falcon).

Seaside Park, Bridgeport - large numbers and variety of shorebirds and gulls,
especially on grassy lot at extreme west end of park, but also many gulls and
geese on ballfields.

Frank Mantlik