[CT Birds] Chester, 8/16 - barred owl, vireo, oriole, kinglets, etc.

Tammy Eustis teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Tue Aug 16 18:15:31 EDT 2011

Chester, 8/16 - Loved the nearly-autumnal weather today, and the birds were feeling it, too! Caught a brief call by a BARRED OWL around 6:30 this morning, and heard a late-season RED-EYED VIREO during my morning walk. In the afternoon, an ORIOLE passed through the yard, along with a pair of KINGLETS bugging in the birch trees. The feeders were loaded up with the babies of the season: downy and red-bellied woodpeckers, grackles, rose-breasted grosbeak, mourning doves, and the largest number of juvenile cardinals I've ever seen.
- Tammy Eustis, Chester