[CT Birds] Hummingbird at my window - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 18 12:13:50 EDT 2011

Just before a short thunderstorm arrived here this morning I raised the blinds of bedroom window of my summer cottage here in Washington, CT and was surprised to see a female or juvenile ruby- throated hummingbird fly up from the bushes by the side of the cottage. With the talk of migrating hummingbirds of late at ctbirds I have to assume this was a a migrating hummer that was perhaps trying to get out of the rain.

David W Babington
Washington, CT