[CT Birds] A couple of raptors

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:41:22 EDT 2011

Around noontime today at People's State Forest there was an adult Bald Eagle sitting on a rock in the Farmington River
facing me at close range. This is the spot where the river is real narrow. Not rare of course but one of my best views
ever. A few minutes later i heard a weird screeching sound which turned out to be what i took to be a young Great
Horned Owl. it was sitting next to the trunk of a tree. Just before i spotted this one another one flew right past me.
 As i drove through Hartland and Barkhamsted on my way to People's State Forest there was virtually no migration
evident.