[CT Birds] Bridgeport Parks Planning Process

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Aug 19 17:50:57 EDT 2011

The City of Bridgeport is undergoing a planning process for their park system.  Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe and I went to a public meeting last week and we were both very impressed by their draft plans.  A big component of the plans is to enhance their major parks for natural habitat and wildlife, e.g. installing meadows, wildlife viewing infrastructure (trails etc.), educational signage for wildlife and habitats etc.   They have an online survey, which can be found here:
http://www.bridgeportct.gov/ParksRecreation/Pages/ParksMasterPlanSurvey.aspx

Unfortunately, the survey doesn't make this habitat component apparent, but please consider taking part in the survey and, as some birders have done, submit your own comments supporting the idea of maximizing the potential of their parks for birds and birding.  In particular, Seaside Park, Beardsley Park and Pleasure Beach offer tremendous opportunity for bird habitat improvements.

The Director of Parks and Recreation in Bridgeport can be reached via email:
charles.carroll at bridgeportct.gov<mailto:charles.carroll at bridgeportct.gov>  and please CC Project Manager Stephen Hladun  steve.hladun at bridgeportct.gov<mailto:steve.hladun at bridgeportct.gov>

Please pass this along to friends who might be interested in supporting habitat improvements for Bridgeport City Parks.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins