[CT Birds] Just a quick question........

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 21 10:15:16 EDT 2011

Just a quick question that i was pondering recently.....

If their were no (indigenous) earth worms, nor Japanese beetle grubs during the
pre European times here in North America, What the heck did the American Robin
eat?
 I do believe their were some indigenous grubs here, but it is stated their were
definitely no earth worms, which i believe came over on European plants.

Our American Robins seems so adapted at finding and pulling out these two alien
species. Any bird historians have the answers out there?

Thanks - Paul Carrier