[CT Birds] Sunday Highlights -Pintail, Scoter, Merganser, Grebe, Peregrine, Waterthrush, Guineafowl

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 21 12:33:21 EDT 2011

8/21/11 - Stratford -Stratford Marina(canal on Broad St) - 1  Northern Pintail hen on the right side of the road and 1 Northern Waterthrush on the left side of the road

              DeLuca Park (end of Beacon Point Rd) - 1 Red-breasted Merganser hen

              Corner of Access Road & Old South Ave - 1 Helmeted Guineafowl. This is the second time I have seen this bird in this location,once before about two years ago.

Milford -Milford Point just after high tide - Juvenile Peregrine Falcon on the sand bar with the wood logs. Lots of shorebirds again today including Black-bellied and Semipalmated Plovers,Spotted Sandpiper (marsh side),Ruddy Turnstones,Red Knots,Sanderling,Semipalmated and Least Sandpipers,Short-billed Dowitchers.Also many Common and 2 Forster's Terns.

Westport - Grays Creek - Pied-billed Grebe

  Compo Beach - White-winged Scoter continues. I'm beginning to wonder if this bird is okay.I drove by after "dead low" and it was just twenty yards off the beach with lots of people around. I have yet to see it actually feeding. It's always just sitting except for the first day I spotted it and it was preening.

Tina Green
Westport