[CT Birds] Mystery Bird

Randy Given givenrandy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:28:51 EDT 2011

> Okay, I can't believe I'm having a hard time with this bird, but I am.
> It was the size of a crow. It was jump-flapping back and forth, trying
> to catch a parakeet in an indoor/outdoor cage about 16ft long. It flew
> off before I could get any good shots. Here are some poor ones that
> have been cropped heavily:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/63844070@N03/6066474907/in/photostream
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/63844070@N03/6066472011/in/photostream
> Randy Given

With 6 opinions, one equally split between two, this is the current standing:

2.5 Cooper's
2.5 Sharp-Shinned
1.0 Broad-Winged

By the way, this was behind one of the buildings at the Boothe
Memorial Park in Stratford. I went to see the Monk Parakeets and was
surprised at the show going on in the other direction.