[CT Birds] Big Year

Hannan, John jhannan at audubon.org
Mon Aug 22 15:59:51 EDT 2011

Last week there were a couple of posts about the upcoming movie, The Big Year.  Those who read the book already know the plot is very funny and we will all probably recognize one or two birding traits of our own in the movie's main characters.

The film makers do want this to be a movie birders will both enjoy and be able to use to recruit new members to our ranks and organizations.  They consulted with both Cornell Lab and National Audubon on how to make scenes and species as realistic and true to geographic locations as possible.

The movie has turned Steve Martin into a committed birder too!
For more info on the film here is a website:

John Hannan
Senior Director of Strategic Gifts for the Atlantic Flyway
Director of Development for Audubon in Connecticut
National Audubon Society
613 Riversville Road
Greenwich, CT 06831
Tel 203-869-5272 ext. 234