[CT Birds] Barred owl, Black Vulture, Canaan Mtn, N. Canaan

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 21:50:03 EDT 2011

Spotted a Barred Owl who had already spotted me on Canaan Mtn,  N. Canaan,
today. When I tried to get a little closer I momentarily passed  behind a
tree, and when I came out the other side, he was gone, like a ghost.  Tree was
about 10 inches diameter, and all I heard was the slightest whisper of  air.
Also, one Black Vulture riding the updrafts from the very light  NW wind.

Pics of the BAOW here, sorry for the dupes.

http://www.photoshop.com/users/mntncougar/albums/d4a6d84e0aaf4ba09ca2d2310b3
eaa2e/slideshow

Don Morgan
Coventry