[CT Birds] Barred owl, Black Vulture, Canaan Mtn, N. Canaan

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 21:50:03 EDT 2011

Spotted a Barred Owl who had already spotted me on Canaan Mtn,  N. Canaan,
today. When I tried to get a little closer I momentarily passed  behind a
tree, and when I came out the other side, he was gone, like a ghost.  Tree was
about 10 inches diameter, and all I heard was the slightest whisper of  air.
Also, one Black Vulture riding the updrafts from the very light  NW wind.
Pics of the BAOW here, sorry for the dupes.
Don Morgan